Sunday, August 23, 2009

This card stands on its own!

It looks unassuming in its envelope, but once it's opened, it's like its own little stand up party. :)


I was looking for a special pattern for a big birthday card. Because of her age, I won't say who I gave it too, but I really hope she liked it! The only thing that I didn't like about the final product was that it wasn't intuitive about needing to pull up on the ribbon to open the card. It was fine since I was there when she received the card, but if I made one to mail, I think I would have made a little "pull here" kind of tag.

The letters on this card are actually a Sizzix Naturally Serif Alphabet die that I ran through my Big Shot. I covered the letters in Dazzling Diamonds glitter for some shine.


I won't go through the steps of making this card when they've already posted a great tutorial on Splitcoast's site. My only suggestion in following her instructions is that my first version had too big a slot, and it wouldn't stand up. I definitely recommend trying one of these cards for yourself today!

No comments: