Sunday, April 6, 2008

Paper-pieced long notes

The color is off in these photos, but I want to share them anyway, because otherwise, I'll never get anything posted! I've been sick, and right now I can't sleep (but at least I'm not coughing), so I'll finalize this post and put it out there.

The green in this first card is River Rock (not celery like it looks). We made these cards as a stamp club project, and the girls got to choose the stamp to use from Pun Fun, and then they paper-pieced the bodies of the various animals out of Ginger Blossom designer paper.

These first two cards are mine (my sample that was prepared beforehand, and the one that I made so they could see the process).

The one below uses faux stitching with a white gel pen to tie in the stitched guava ribbon and to break up the guava cardstock so the patterned paper can really POP.


This next one is a close-up of one of my stamper's coffee cups from her card (with Crystal Effects on the liquid). I think this looks like an expensive ceramic Starbucks cup that changes with the season.

And, then -- this card is great with the cutie skunk on it, but this stamper took it a step further and embellished her envelope with flowers cut out from the Ginger Blossom paper and mounted in the corners. Such a simple step, but really impactful and lovely.

2 comments:

AT said...

Sweet! I'm famous. That is a beautiful coffee cup.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!