Friday, July 24, 2009

These robots like to party!


I finally got some time to stamp again with my Lots of Bots stamps! I made two different layouts with some leftover designer series paper. I have a little DSP from the new catalog, but it's animal and floral print ... Plus, I wanted to use a more boyish color palette and this spoke to me.

Nothing fancy on these two. I colored in the robots with classic Stampin' Up ink using a blender pen on the robot on the left and a marker on the robot on the right (photo above). You can see more detail of each in the following photos. Below, you can see some of the faux stitching that I did using a Zig painty marker in silver, as well as the blue that I Color Spritzered (sure that's a common verb) on the main image and then softened by sponging over using the ink pad and a sponge - move your sponge in circles after dabbing on the ink pad for a softer look.

Here, the robot below was colored in, then I put Crystal Effects over top and once it was dry, I dotted in some accents with the silver Zig Painty pen again. Also, the blue "mat" you see under the striped paper ... that's not a real mat. That was added in with marker after everything was already layered. (You can click on the photo for a larger view.) After I'd finished the card, or so I thought, I didn't like that the white edges of the paper just sort of drifted into the Bashful Blue card base. This turned out to be a pretty good solution. I drew in the thin lines for a border with a Brocade Blue marker, then colored in next to the top layers with my Bashful Blue marker. What do you think of how that turned out??


The sentiment on both cards was punched out using Stampin' Up's smallest oval and the red underneath was punched with the next size up. Both robots have marker "shadows" under them to ground them.

No comments: