Saturday, November 17, 2007

Santa Claus is coming! And he's bringing presents!


Santa's hat and coat are paper pieced and glued on and the presents are from the set, Punch Pals. His belt is made from a piece of ribbon and the buttons on his coat are black brads. Before stamping Santa, I made a reverse mask using my large oval punch for the "rug" on the floor so he'd have something to stand on. I just colored over the blank in the mask with my marker, and then "stitched" around the edges with my white gel pen.

Then, I had a happy accident when the designer paper I wanted to use as a mat highlighted those cool blocks of color behind the main image. I've taken a picture so you can see what the paper under Santa looks like. The white line is a representation of what the main image covers.

No comments: