Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stamp-a-Stack - Round TWO!

I had a very small group of customers come for round two of this year's stamp-a-stacks, but I had a great time. I got to meet one new customer who found me through the demonstrator locator on the Stampin' Up website, and I also had time to sit and stamp a set of cards for myself while lending a hand with tying ribbons for others, and stamping series of images. It was just a very relaxing, but productive time with some of my stampers.

This card was a quickie using some of this year's Stampin' Up! Dashing designer paper. The trees are colored in with markers and spritzed using the Color Spritzer. The ribbon is given a festive twist by using a flat piece of 3/8" red grosgrain, and tying just a small strip of Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain around it. The real cheat is that if the green ribbon wants to slip, just add a dot of Crystal Effects glue to keep it in place!

The second card was also a quick one (as most should be for a stamp-a-stack), and it was previously described and the faux silk idea was credited in my "it sure is snow-bling" post.



I do have to admit though, because of the number of rhinestone brads that would have been necessary for the number of flakes, I did go with plain, glass rhinestones in place for the event. They looked great, and I explained to the ladies that it just wasn't cost-effective for me to do the brads.



Also, I know I said I'd post more of my back-dated posts, but I've been fighting off this crappy cold that's basically taken me out of commission, so I didn't get it done. I'm hoping a full day of work tomorrow, after being off for 4 vacation days because of Thanksgiving, doesn't flat out kill me. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you had a restful weekend of family, food and fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the big bow on the tree card, great work!