Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It sure is snow-bling today!

For this card, I used a technique described on Nicole Heady's blog as Faux Silk. I won't go into the steps of the card too deeply, but basically, you stamp your main image, crumple a piece of tissue paper and then glue it on over your main image. This gives a really soft, textured look that's pretty cool!



I liked the textured effect, but it was still too flat for me. I got out some of my new taffeta blue ribbon and some of the new rhinestone circle brads from Stampin' Up. Now I was already feeling pretty proud of myself for using up some of the accessories that I've been hoarding, but I didn't want to overwhelm to card either. So instead of using all rhinestone brads, I also glued on some tiny diamond-like glass pieces. I love the color contrast between the blue rhinestones and the white shimmer of the "diamonds" as they're sprinkled over the card. You can click on either of the images to get a closer look at the texture on this card.

The sentiment was stamped with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig and is from the set, Many Merry Messages.



No comments: