Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sympathy CASEs

Ky's bosses' (two brothers) mother passed away this week and I needed to make a card for each of them from us. Thankfully it's so rare that I have to make a sympathy card that I needed some inspiration. So I turned to Splitcoast and searched the gallery for "sympathy" - and what a wealth of cards came up as a result! I based my cards on shelart's beautiful card and I'm so pleased with how they turned out.

Both cards are watercolored and use the Define Your Life set as well as flowers from the hostess set, Oh, So Lovely, and with visual texture provided by the Sanded background stamp on both the main image and the card base.


For watercolor choices I used ink from Purely Pomegranate + Ruby Red (yes, really!) for the berries and blooms, Wild Wasabi + Always Artichoke for the stems, and did a background/surrounding wash of River Rock. The little tags on the side are Close to Cocoa on River Rock cardstock.

No comments: