Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy birthday "owl-ways"

This was my brother-in-law's birthday card. I merged two great retired sets to make it (Cause for Celebration - the cake; Love Owl-Ways - the Owl). The designer paper, Autumn Vine, is also retired. The card base is Sahara Sand.
For not TOO much glitter / girly-ness, I used a Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen for the flames and frosting. I thought they were also a nice contrast to the courdoroy button. The eyes have Crystal Effects on them.
Following are pictures of the original stamps so you can get a look at what I did and didn't use from the two stamps.
I eliminated the words and hearts from the cake stamp and drew in the candles later. and I stamped only the owl and eliminated the heart, redrawing in the foot on the left on top of the cake.


AND - have you wondered where I've been? Partly it's the day job, and partly, I've been doing digital design work for customers. You can check out the latest projects on my design blog at http://stampingthroughthetulipsdesign.blogspot.com/. There are two posted right now that are brand-spankin' new, but there are at least three others in the works right now. I've set up some auto posts on THIS blog to tide you over for the next few days with a log jam of projects that have been done, but not posted yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: