Friday, June 26, 2009

Ketto girl bookmark

I don't actually know what I think of this piece, but thought I'd share it with you because I like the overall concept ... I was just playing around with scraps on my desk and worked up a new bookmark. This piece is about 8 1/4 x 2 1/4.

Before assembly, I printed out a quote about reading that I thought was perfect with my little winged Ketto stamp:
"From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover you have wings."
-- Helen Hayes
Her wings are covered with a little glitter from a Spica glitter pen and the entire thing is "loosely" embossed. I didn't try to cover it fully with the embossing as I was just going for a fun look.

1 comment:

Melissa O said...

She's cute and I love the quote. It's perfect for a bookmark!