Sunday, June 28, 2009

A taste of summer

I've seen several ideas like this one for making watermelon, so I don't have anyone specific to credit with this idea ... I cut out circles with my Circle Scissor Plus from Stampin' Up in sizes 1/4" different in diameter from Raspberry Tart designer paper. I taped the two layers together and cut them in half and then used the edge/end of a small oval punch to "bite out" of the watermelon slice. Added some black brad "seeds" and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. The words are from the set Absolutely Fabulous and are stamped in black on Apricot cardstock, which is basically a lighter version of the Pumpkin Pie used as a mat above.

To tie in the black brads of the watermelon with the lighter Celery, I drew in spots of black as faux stitching on the orange and dots on the stamped polka dot background. This also ties together the words stamped in black.

No comments: