Thursday, July 19, 2007

Let them eat cake!


My Voila! chef arrived recently and I thought he really needed to be put to work! I've borrowed this set from other stampers, and finally decided that if he wasn't being retired I could get him. The big circle in the background is from the set Dots Are Hot (hate that name, by the way - unfortunately makes me think of Paris Hilton and her, "that's hot" catchphrase. Ugh.). I like that it subtly highlights the birthday cake on the platter.

The chef was colored in with markers and then cut out. The platter was colored in using my silver Zig Painty Pen so in the lighting in this photo, it looks like it's white, but it isn't. I made button holes on his buttons with my white gel pen (you can see an enlarged image if you click on the photo). The sentiment uses the new SU scallop punch which was punched around the edges with my 1/16" hole punch and then I dotted around the scalloped edges with my Coral marker.

No comments: