Monday, September 10, 2007

Birthday boy!

Ky's birthday was late in July and since I was giving him a new reel and line for his present, I went with a fish-themed wrapping. For his card and gift bag, I used the retired set, Angler.


The fish bunch was created with a single-fish stamp and masking. I stamped them in brown Stazon and then watercolored them based on a "Go-RVing" ad. When I first got the set, I just wasn't sure how the fish coloring would look most realistic. Then, I came across this ad in (I believe) Better Homes & Gardens magazine. I promptly ripped it out, and now it's stored in the stamp storage box with the set.
For Ky's card, I decided that there would be a catch of Cutthroat Trout... because I thought the colors were pretty. :)
For the bag, I pulled a plain brown handled sack out of my stash and made a bag topper using scraps of Outlaw designer paper from Stampin' Up.

Along the bottom of the bag on both sides I used the Angler set and the waves/clouds from the current set, Winds of Grace, and then watercolored the image. I made the closure using two Jumbo Eyelets (from SU) on either side of the bag, and then put a loop of Chocolate Chip ribbon through them to close it. You can click on the photo of the bag for a closer view.

2 comments:

Susanna Donato said...

That's so pretty! Lucky you to have a husband who appreciates your talents, too.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Really, really great job!