Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cover your boo-boos with glitter!


This main image idea for this card was showcased by Brent Steele, Vice President of Creative Services at Stampin' Up at this year's annual convention. He is a VERY entertaining presenter and always has fabulous ideas. His presentations also tend to include at least one "bird card." I thought it was so cute that the penguin was dragging along a tree and gifts to share.

I EVEN thought ahead and got out my Stamp-a-ma-jig for the sentiment from the Many Merry Messages set. I marked up the first line of the sentiment and got it all lined up, huffed on the ink to rehumidify it, and, unfortunately, the stamp wasn't totally clean. :( Wah! Hate that.

On the photo sample of the phantom wording above, I tweaked the contrast so you could see the faint imprint that was causing so much consternation. Grr. What to do, what to do? Especially since I'd already re-stamped and colored my main image piece for the second time when the Real Red ink smudged! I thought I'd camouflage it with my Color Spritzer and see if that did enough. I picked out blue because I thought it might look "snowier."
That helped, but didn't solve the problem. Then I wondered if I could add a flurry of glitter? Of course the 2-way glue pen was my natural choice, but it doesn't fit in the spritzer... So, I just leaned the glue pen tip on the outside of the spritzer air outlet tube with my non-dominant hand and held them together.

I worked the air pump bulb with my dominant hand and I got just the spritz of glue that I was looking for!! (You can see the drops of glue below - they're the shiny droplets that I've circled below. Click on any photo for an enlarged image.)

I sprinkled some glitter over the top and tapped off the excess, and, voila! A wintery flurry of snow that "just happens" to cover up my phantom words. :) Hopefully this tip will help YOU out of a jam sometime, or at least help you to pretty-up a project.

Have a great afternoon! Thanks for looking. :)

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Cute card...love the glitter you decided to add ;)

Susanna a.k.a. Cheap Like Me said...

Great idea! You're so clever (or is that devious?).

SpAzzGiRL said...

Very cute!
Love that it worked, now everyone will be glitterizing their red inked images because I swear it doesn't dry anymore on WW cardstock.