Friday, September 28, 2007

Highlighting a 50th birthday


This card was commissioned by a co-worker friend for her friend who is turning 50. My co-worker wanted a cheerful card, as opposed to a black and white, over-the-hill style card. I really liked the white gel pen highlighting that finishes off this card. I thought it came out as a very happy card and my friend who requested the card was happy, too!

The word happy on this card come from the Stampin' Up set Hugs and Wishes, and because the usual sentiment on this card is "happy anniversary" I simply used a marker to pick up only the "happy" portion. I inked it once and stamped it three times to get the color variation. The "50th" was handwritten. The light blue ric rac ribbon is from a ribbon set from last year, as is the 1/4" Regal Rose. The 1/2" chocolate chip ribbon is current from this year.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: