Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chicken punchy

I've been trying to get this post uploaded for days! And I still can't get the final picture up that I wanted, so you'll have to use a little imagination. This is mostly the card, all that's missing is the Crystal Effects that I finally put all over the egg for shine/dimension. And you can even see that in a close-up image below.


BEFORE (below):

AFTER (below):

I should have taken more similar photos of the before and after, but I didn't realize it was going to be an after until I'd sat with the card for a bit. The first version is fine. The chick on the card is modeled after the chicken in the "A Good Egg" set and the flowers and large egg shape are actually from that set. I stamped the big egg, masked it off so it wouldn't be stamped in, stamped my flowers, colored them in, and then layered over several colors using the Color Spritzer tool.

The bird's beak and top feathers are all made using the new Stampin' Up punch, Heart to Heart. I just punched them out of More Mustard cardstock and tucked a couple of the big hearts behind his head, using the smallest heart for his beak. Almost all layers are up on dimensionals. Finally, I put on some green glitter (from the Verve glitter set from Stampin' Up) on a few of the dots and all of the flower centers. This entire card was made using scraps! I had them left over from a stamp camp last fall. You can see the other card made with these papers here if you're so inclined.

My other project for the weekend (at least as far as stamping is concerned) was to reorganize my cardstock. It used to be in two drawers under and beside my desk, but when our home filing moved into a real cabinet that my husband was recycling from work, I decided to recycle the rattan filing for stamping. I made new label tabs using the pre-made labels offered through Stampin' Up in their big catalog. They're very cool, and even include the current "In Color" series of cardstock. They don't include labels for stock such as: Glossy White, Shimmery White, Kraft, Naturals (white or cream). But they do have one for all the cardstock in the neutral paper pack.

In those two empty drawers, I have decided to store my Janome sewing machine and my heat guns in one and in the other I have my paper towels, glass cleaner (I have a glass desktop that gets inky sometimes) and my Big Shot. Both the sewing machine and Big Shot used to just sit under my desk and it looked and felt super cluttered. Just by getting those out of sight, but near-at-hand, I have improved the look of my stamp room. And when it's neat and tidy in there, Ky even stops by to hang out sometimes. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this chick card! How clever and the colors are so fun. Great job!

Ingrid

Stamp and Smile said...

Such a gorgeous card! The chicky is so cute and fun... {{{LOVE}}} your glazing on the egg! Just perfect all the way around... Smiles! :)