Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quickie birthday card

I showed you the card I had ready for my goddaughter's birthday, but when we bought the presents, they wrapped them for us, and they were done in primary colors. Hmmm ... that didn't go with my original pink/brown/orange color scheme.

Sooo, I whipped up a card for the new color scheme using Washington Apple designer series paper from Stampin' Up and paired it with the hostess set Window Dressing from last catalog.


The sentiment is from the set Big Birthday Candle, and it shows through using the Word Window Punch. I covered up the "to" from 'to you' with a little touch of ribbon because it just barely showed (and I didn't want it to).
The window is raised up on dimensionals and to make it look like it took longer, I added some layers and finished it up. Then I ran out the door to the party!!

Hope you're having a good weekend and spending time with those you love. :)

1 comment:

Linda McClain said...

Wow, wow, wow. I've been looking at your blog and you have some amazing work. I love what you did with this stamp set. I'm your new stalker, oops, subscriber.