Saturday, September 5, 2009

Aww. Love bugs.

I was feeling happy last night because my husband finally got home from a week-long business trip. What's a stamper to do, but make her husband a card to celebrate?! So that's what I did.
This card uses the super-cute Stampin' Up set, Love Bug. This is a level one hostess set and everything in the set is cute!

This was a fun card to give him because when I show him a new card I've made, he always opens it, even though I don't put words on the inside of most of them to start. Well, he opened this one to where I HAD written a little note to him, and he looked up and said, "Hey! This card is for me!" He sounded super pleased, which in turn made ME super pleased.

This is one of the few times I've gotten to use my new In Color markers. Isn't it great that Stampin' Up is offering these to match this season's In Colors? They make coloring in a breeze.
The purple scalloped circle mat and the polka dot-stripe paper are both from the Designer Series Paper, Lovely Flowers. The purple is Rich Razzleberry and the yellow is the new Crushed Curry, and I'm trying to become friends with it. :)

I was getting a kick out of how I take my project photos their as-is creative environment. I just push everything else to the side and take the photo. I appreciate other stampers who have a light box, and set it all up just-so, but then I think "I would never get them posted ... and where would I store the light box!?" Does it matter to you how the photos are taken? Does it impact returning to a blog or posting comments? Just wondering ...

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend with friends or family and if you're a stamper, I hope you fit that in, too!!

No comments: