Monday, September 14, 2009

Bird and Bamboo

I've used the Level 2 Hostess Set, Asian Artistry, for today's card. This isn't a holiday-specific card so that I can use it for what I want to. I stamped the bird/bamboo image in Soft Suede (an In Color) on Confetti Naturals cardstock and then, using the ink on the inside of the stamp pad lid, I water colored in the little bird. Because my watercoloring diluted the definition of the bird's wing and tail feathers, I used the matching marker (new this year in In Color options) and drew the details in again. Each layer is also matted on Soft Suede cardstock. The card base is Kraft.

The More Mustard Designer Series Paper is from the Autumn Traditions pack. I liked its natural look to go with the bird and bamboo centerpiece. Around the middle layer I wrapped some hemp twine for some more interest and then placed my focal image over that on dimensionals. I apologize for the not-so-great pictures, I was trying to get an angle that would show you the gold border on the main piece. That border was done by masking off the stamped image and then sponging on some Champagne Shimmer Paint. I was surprised I couldn't get a photo of the shimmer on this! In person, it's really noticeable with the right tilt. It's still a translucent shimmer, so it isn't gaudy, it's just shiny! If you click on either picture, especially the one above in the upper left corner, you can get a hint of what I'm seeing in person. :)


I hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry there weren't any posts this weekend. We took off early and went to the mountains for a Scottish-Irish festival where we got rained on and shivered in the cold - just like real Scots. Fall is coming in Colorado! I'm ok with the season's change because I'm ready (for one thing) to start wearing some of my other clothes, and at the festival, I got a great knitted shawl/wrap thing, but I'd roast if I wear it now. What are you looking forward to this fall? Talk to you soon!

No comments: