Friday, May 11, 2007

Spritz me, baby!

I know the color spritzer is not a new thing to a lot of you. However, based only on the catalog description given by Stampin' Up, I'm surprised people have been adventurous enough to purchase it sight-unseen:

Achieve spectacular effects using a Stampin' Write marker with this convenient tool. Marker not included.
Does that speak to you, too?? Uhhh, huh. Run out and buy that thing!

The concept wasn't new to me, but at Regionals they demonstrated it, and it finally spoke to me. You know though, that Stampin' Up events are where they sell to the people who are supposed to demonstrate it. They KNOW that if we buy it, our customers will buy it.

In case you haven't seen the Stampin' Up color spritzer, here's a photo.

The basic concept is that you squeeze the bulb at the top, and it puffs a burst of air across the marker tip, creating speckles on the page. Of course, as soon as it arrived, I had to try it out! Plus, I was still working on one more project for tonight's stamp party at my friend's house.

This is a card that I'd had sitting around feeling like it was not quite done. Well, I used the spritzer, and voila! Well... at least I like it better. Still not in love with it, but it's ok. :)


Then, here's my final party card. I know that the Classic Cars set is retiring, but it's so hard to find good masculine stamp sets, that I went ahead and ordered it.

I like all the images but one, so it's a good buy for me. The background is SU's Weathered stamp that was stamped once, then rotated, inked up again and stamped again in the opposite direction. This isn't an original idea of mine, but I cannot remember whose blog I found it on. I think I'll remember, and I'll update later after verifying, but I want to get this post up before going to work!

I hope you're all ready for a great Friday and weekend. Have a great day and thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. Love the look you made with the color spritzer. I have not used one yet, but love the look you get with it.