Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another birthday? Pull out your wallet ...

I was inspired by Lorri's wallet that she posted on her blog, Confessions of a Stamping Addict recently. When my sister said that what my BIL wanted as a birthday present was money toward a larger item, I thought this was a perfect gift giving and packaging idea, all in one!

This was made with Chocolate Chip paper, so please picture that color instead of the weird redish color that the camera decided to dole out! I did a lot of paper piercing and faux stitching around anywhere that a seam would normally be on a wallet. Then I roughed up the edges with the tool for that on the Stampin' Up! cutter kit and then I rubbed the whole thing with my Choc. Chip ink pad, which with the brown paper, manages to make it look fairly realistically leathery.

On the front panel piece, I stamped the image from the set Older & Wiser in Choc. Chip ink, then used the pointy end of my bone folder to trace around the candles and to trace a rectangular border around the piece, then I traced back over that with the chocolate chip marker so that it stood out a little more.

On the inside, I used my oval punch to make cutouts so you can see that there's money to be had and so that it's easier to grab. There's also a smaller pocket for a little note that I stamped with the same stamp from the front, but I changed the sentiment. It says "happy belated birthday," because my BIL and I are both celebrating our April birthdays together with the family, and we're both belated in wishing each other a happy birthday in person.






I think that about covers it! If you have questions about this project, please leave a comment! Have a great weekend. :)


2 comments:

Lorri said...

Melissa, this wallet is FABULOUS!! Love what you have done with this! This one will be so fun to keep re-creating, depending on the occasion!! Thanks for posting, I LOVE it! Love your blog, too.

Lorri :)

KT said...

You have no idea how many men in my life will be thrilled to get a birthday card like this! Even my teen-aged son is going to be elated that his mom loves to make handmade cards! TFS!