Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chocolate wedding

Edited to add: this just happened to fit into Joanne's "What You Got" challenge of using 3 patterns from Berry Bliss, so I've added a link to her blog's challenge if you want to play, too!

I don't know what I think of the grooms that I've done with this set being dressed in white tuxedos ... I'll have to tackle that issue next. But in the meantime, I adore how her dress turned out!

Her dress is paper-pieced out of Berry Bliss designer paper, as are the background patterned papers. I purposely extended her dress beyond the border for a little visual interest.

Because of the tricky cuts around the flowers, I did a little pre-coloring before I glued her dress on. This is where it's VERY handy to have all the coordination of Stampin' Up products to work with. The base color of her dress is "Pretty in Pink," so with my matching marker, I colored around the flowers and down the "sides" of her dress (although it isn't shown in the picture below). The helps just in case I've trimmed a touch too much, or her dess is scooted just a little out of place, it's good back up.

Something else that I've done is to add little dots of eyes on both bride and groom. I feel like this gives them a LOT more life, especially in relation to the amount of effort that it takes. The photo below is of the stamp image as it appears in the catalog, and I just think they look a little sleepy.


Joanne B. said...

This is just beautiful! Super job and thanks for playing! I just love what you did with this set, her extended dress is adorable!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic the paper pieced dress! Glad you were able to play!