Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bella Rose Gift Bag

This gift bag/box is made with the new Bella Rose designer series paper, sets Dots are Hot, To Have and to Hold, and the words on the card on front are from the set Full of Life (which I WON during Convention!), Pirouette Pink and Riding Hood Red inks and paper. Around the top of the bag that's folded over I used the new scallop punch from Stampin' Up! that will be available on the 11th. As always, you can click any photo for larger views. If you have questions about how this project was made, please leave a comment.

The bag is made with 2 sheets of 12x12 designer paper and one sheet of 12x12 white cardstock for the "lid" piece. The final box is 5" x 6" and everything is held together with sticky strip. I used two jumbo eyelets for the ribbon (Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain) and the ends of the ribbon are just knotted on the inside of the bag.


The round card on the front was done with my Coluzzle template and the corner rounder punch around the red circle for more scallops which I further punched out with my 1/16" round punch for a doily effect. Some faux stitching and the words Love and Fairytale are stamped and then cut out and popped up on dimensionals.

In the picture immediately above you can see where the "lid" is partially pulled out from the bag. I stamped all over the paper before doing my scoring, folding and assembly with the Dots are Hot set. This is an alternative method to stamping tissue paper to put in with the gift (primarily because I couldn't find my tissue paper). :)

And here's the lid removed from the bag - I think it's cute even by itself! It just slides down inside the bag to hide the goodies.

No comments: