Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Inspired by ... new stamps!

I feel like I haven't stamped in FOREVER for just me. And I've missed it!

Today I show a card made with one of the sets that I got in my Convention bag, Inspired by Nature. These are an interesting challenge for me because I haven't used silouhette stamps before. I also have rarely used my sponge daubers before, but since using them at the Stampin' Up! Convention last week, I felt like I understood better what to do with them.

There are clear micro beads on the flower heads using Tombow Mono Multi glue with a drop of Chocolate Chip reinker dropped on top before the glue dried (please click on the photo for a closer look). Ink colors used include Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss.

Also, I've been nominated for the Arte y Pico award. :)

Way back on July 16 my sister nominated my blog as one that embodies substance AND style to her. That is so nice. And while it's taken me a bit to recognize this honor, it really felt good to be awarded it; I just had to climb out of an overwhelming period in my life!

The “Arte y Pico” award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire
others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing or
artwork in all medias. When you receive this award it is considered a “special
honor”. Those who receive it are then supposed to choose at least 5 other blogs
to honor with the award.

Here are my five:
  1. I'm pretty sure that she's already been nominated for this, but if it makes some of you visit her blog for stamp inspiration as well as a nearly perpetual good attitude, it's worth pointing her out again. Ever since Jackie came to me for banner design services, I've been checking in on her blog at The Scalloped Edge.
  2. Another blog that I enjoy visiting and admiring is that of Laurie Schmidlin at Just Give Me Stamps. She's a Montana girl with a stamping vision. So impressed by her work.
  3. Hmm, let's see. For number 3 nomination, I went to my Google reader to see who I had "starred" for an inspiration. Joanne B. at "Just a Little Something..." has a segment devoted to what she's doing to be more green in her life (in addition to her stamping posts), and I admired that enough that I donated a little graphic icon for her to use with those posts.
  4. Nancy Morgan of Paper Smiles inspires me in my stamping and in her Bible verse creations. They are another good nudge to me to remind me to think of God during the everyday.
  5. And finally, I'll list Taylor VanBruggen of Taylored Expressions as an inspiration because she has samples other than cards with stamping AND she's gone out and followed her dream and has her own online store with things she loves.
Thanks for looking! I'm glad to be back among you and able to share some of my creative efforts again. I think that my creative battery just ran low, but it's recharged now and I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That card is really pretty - in the photo, it almost looks like a bumblebee is perched on top of the flower.