Friday, August 22, 2008

Snow already?

This card was inspired by Stefanie Summerer. She did a cute tri-panel card (and had the sidewalks in front of each house "shoveled"). I planned to do a pretty straight copy - including the watercoloring, but as it turned out, I diverged quite a bit. But that's what I think copying another stamper is most often good for.


I wheeled the image, colored it in, cut it out (not as bad as it looks - but then I always say that). Used my marker and color spritzer for some snow on the card base. Dimensionals all over the back of the houses, then I colored in some snow on window sills, door jambs, tops of chimneys, etc. with my white gel pen. Then I thought about how pretty snow is when it's that really sparkly light stuff. In my stamping world, that translates to Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
My snow along the bottom is three pieces of torn Whisper White cardstock that was layered, 2-Way Glued and Dazzling Diamonds were applied over top. The windows were Crystal Effects-ized (sure, that's a word) and allowed to dry. I tied a ribbon around the bottom of the card, and DONE!
Thanks for looking, and here's to at least another month without snow here in Colorado. Although I wouldn't mind some dropping temperatures ....

No comments: