Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Autumn gift (box)


This box is just a little round gift box that I got at Target. It was back with the other gift wrap items, and I think it was only a dollar. It's a kraft colored box to start with and has light vertical striping. I wanted to do some watercoloring, so I pulled out the set Autumn Harvest and colored in a BUNCH of pumpkins and leaves. Then I cut them out and mounted them all around the outside of the box. I tucked in some hemp twine for "vines" and tacked it in place using Tombo Mono-multi Glue. I liked it for this project because the glue isn't shiny and dries completely clear. The dirt behind the pumpkins is Close to Cocoa (middle strip) and Chocolate Chip. They're all ripped along one edge and layered/sponged and speckled with the Color Spritzer and markers.


The brown ribbon in the photo above covers the seams of the paper pieces. I'm thinking of adding in a handle w/ jumbo eyelets using that same ribbon. What do you think?








Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: