Monday, August 24, 2009

Butterfly bucket

I found these little buckets at Target in the Dollar Spot last Easter-time, and I was super pleased and excited to see that they EXACTLY match the new Stampin' Up color, Melon Mambo.

On this project, this little letters use the Stampin' Up Billboard die and the U comes from the Serif Essentials alphabet dies. Both were run through my Big Shot. To get the patterned U, I cut out a piece of Old Olive patterned paper and a piece of the white chipboard from the back of a pack of patterned paper, both sized to 3" x 3". I glued them together using a glue stick before running it through the Big Shot and cutting it out so that when they came out they were already mounted together.

I used the Circle Scissors Plus to cut out the "lid's" circle so that it just fits within the handles. Then, I took a strip of Melon Mambo 1" wide and 11" long. I scored it at 1/4" (that's the lip you see in the picture above, under the lid). Along the 3/4" left, I snipped in at about every 1/2" so that it could make the curves (see below inside the lid). I glued them down, working my way around and snipping off the last extra inch that wasn't needed.

1 comment:

Denise said...

What an adorable project, Melissa! I think I am going to have to make a trip to Target this week myself. I LOVE it! Thank you for sharing your instructions.

Denise Kasanda
www.denisekasanda.stampinup.net
Darien, IL