Friday, January 4, 2008

Celebrate Time Well Spent


Still playing with the new Time Well Spent stamps. I've seen large flower images with ribbon stems before, so it seemed perfect to give this large bloom a crimped paper stem, with a pair of grosgrain leaves that I trimmed to look more like leaves. Then, when I was looking for inspiration on coloring in the flower, I saw the coloring on this flower and was inspired by the new catalog and a picture that they had on p. 17, which also has a (textured) paper and ribbon stem. I stamped the flower in brown stazon and colored in around the edges with Regal Rose using an aqua painter and ink, and then filled in on the top-most petals with Pretty and Pink very lightly, again with an aqua painter and ink.

The ribbon through the button was very easy to put through because with a larger button, you usually get a larger hole to work with. I just trimmed the ribbon at a steep angle and threaded it through. It's not knotted in the back - instead it was finished off using a mini glue dot so that it didn't get too bulky.

Thanks for looking and happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is so pretty and I love what you did with the ribbon for the stem!