Tuesday, January 15, 2008

[Retired] Layers of love


This card uses the retired items A Light Heart stamp set and Petals and Paisleys designer paper. A couple of things that make this card work, I think, are the bold Purely Pomegranate with the softer colors of the card base and the designer paper. I also love the use of the stick pin for a little flare.


You can see though that this pin has a SHARP end to it. My solution for this situation if I don't have a pin cap/sleeve, is to simply put a dot of Crystal Effects on the tip. It's pretty clear in this picture, but on the card itself, you hardly notice it, whereas if I didn't do something about the tip, someone would likely poke their finger, and then they'd notice it for sure!

The picture above also shows the ribbon groove that I punched out. Stampin' Up! has a little slot punch that's perfect for this size slot, but clearly, it wouldn't reach that far in.

So, I just pencilled in a little box as a guideline, and then took my Crop-a-dile and punched consecutive circles down the box until I had a slot. Then I cleaned up my edges with my paper snips and I was ready to go! At that point I put the ribbon up through the white piece and taped on the Pomegranate piece along the long sides only so the ribbon was sandwiched between them but was still adjustable for when the whole card was assembled.

2 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

This is a great card, Melissa!

Unknown said...

very pretty, I love all the layers!