Friday, January 25, 2008

Wildly colorful Valentine card


You may be quite relieved to hear that (for a while) this is the last of the Happy Heart Day cards that I've made up. The scallop-bordered piece was done with my Nestabilities that I bought from Ellen Hutson. I feel like I finally have them figured out without pressing them deeply into the top plate of my Cuttlebug when I use them. The paper is retired SU! designer paper and the card base is Old Olive stamped in Old Olive ink on my Polka Dot background stamp. Buttons and brads are both Soft Subtles items from Stampin' Up! with the exception of the black brad which is from a Stampin' Up brad collection a while ago. And the heart has Crystal Effects on it with the layered buttons set into it before it dried.

Tonight I have my first Stamp Club meeting of the new year that I'm looking forward to. We're figuring out logistics of who is hosting in which month, and then we'll top it off with stamping a couple of cute birthday cards! I'll share those with you after the club gets together.

Then on Saturday I get to get together with my friend Jeanine to stamp while the guys play poker, and we'll do a little prep-work for our Opportunity night late Sunday afternoon. If you're in the Denver metro area and would like to attend and find out about hostess opportunities or becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, drop me an email and I can send you the details.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: