Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big Birthday Candle - first time inked!


This is going to be one of the cards for my February stamp camps being held later this month. I tried to keep it completely monochromatic, but using just one color kept it looking boring! I'll have to keep trying for that single-color look. I think it would also help if I got myself up to my stamp room and actually created something on a regular basis. When I don't "practice" the ability kind of fades away.

Anyway, I like the final results, and that's what counts! The candles and flames are up on dimensionals, and under the glitter, there are even wicks made of linen thread. For a more masculine look, I think I'd leave the glitter off ...

Thanks for coming by! I'm so glad we're midway through the week. Can't wait for another weekend! :)

No comments: