Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, Baby.

I participated lightly in this weekend's VSN challenges on Splitcoast. These are challenges that anyone can participate in, but you have to follow the hostess' directions/criteria. For this one, quickly explained, you had to choose whether you would base your design on white, milk or dark chocolate, and then you had to use the prescribed color scheme that went with it. I chose the color scheme of chocolate, apricot and coral. I haven't gotten to use the set By Ones & By Twos that is now retired as much as I wanted to while it was current.

I wanted to soften the colors so I went with the watercoloring. Added a few layers of cardstock, and I'm overall pleased with this card. I think I could have worked it to where I loved it, but these challenges come with a 45 minute window for creation, and that's tough. I added a brad for the hanger to "hang" from and a couple strips of ribbon for more softness, and I had to call it good.

2 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Melissa, this is simply adorable. Any new parent would be pleased as pie to receive this card! Great job and wow, in 45 minutes, that's movin'! lol :)

Hope you have a great week!

Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I need more lessons in watercoloring.