Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Punchy puppy

This is another VSN challenge w/ the 45 minute timeframe included. This was my first challenge card of the night, and I think it turned out fairly cute! The criteria for this card was to represent something you love. I'd seen a cute puppy done with punches on Mercedes' blog, so that was my inspiration because after my husband, my dogs are closest to my heart. You had to make a standard size card and include a large circle, large heart and a piece of paper/cardstock that was a 1/2" smaller than the card base.


To make my circles look purposeful, I used the dotted paper and punched out my sentiment using more circles. The heart is just hand drawn and then cut out. Over top of the heart I sponged on some chocolate ink, then covered it in Versamark ink and Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. The embossing isn't a very smooth coverage, but I wanted it that way. It reminds me of a dog's wet nose. :) Finally, for a little detail, I added brads in the corner and a quick strip of wide ribbon for more texture.

2 comments:

Cheryl Hirzel said...

Cute pooch - i really like the puched out designs and this one is very cute with the black eye!

Anonymous said...

This card is so adorable! I want to do a punch class and I hope you don't mind if I case this!!! Thanks for the ideas
IleneB