Thursday, April 9, 2009

Choosing colors of sympathy


I needed to make a card for the family of a coworker who died recently. I chose my colors using this utility here: http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo/. I'm not faulting the color choosing utility ... but I don't know what to think of the combination either.

Edited to Add: The cardstock colors used are (in order from the card base on up): Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss , Going Gray, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White. In colors are Going Gray, Kiwi Kiss and Not Quite Navy. The flowers/leaves were covered in Crystal Effects and once dry, I dabbed on white "highlights" with my gel pen over the flower petals.

I was completely stumped on the colors. Now I've made this card, and I'm just not sure that I like the colors and how they turned out. Last night I thought I liked them, then I went to mail it and was uncertain. It shouldn't be this hard. :)

What do you think of the colors?

2 comments:

Pat S. said...

Hi Melissa!
I think those colors are gorgeous together. The gray background sets the mood, the flower and vine tones keep it from being "dreary". Very nice :)

Melissa O said...

I like the colors. I think they go well together. Could you please tell me what they are? It looks like Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss or Old Olive. Is that right?