Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stamp camp cards - revealed

These were summery cards for stamp camp.  I based my cards on the fact that Mother's Day is near, but I also knew that several of my attendees no longer have their own mother's to send cards to.  So ... I aimed to make cards that would work if needed, but could work otherwise as well.  I think that I succeeded.

For the first card we used the set Blooming with Love and the masking technique, we created a scene that I hope to see around my own yard soon - a wheelbarrow full of flowers, ready for planting.  I just have to feel more certain that it's quit snowing!  :)  We colored in with Stampin' Up markers, layering one color over another, and in a few cases adding in the use of blender pens.
This next card was made with a dormant set, Inspired by Nature, for the grass, and Flight of the Butterfly and Define Your Life.  The butterflies were stamped on the main card base (Stampin' Up's Confetti Cream), and also on another piece of vanilla cardstock and then cut out.  They have dimensionals behind the wings, near the body, and the bodies are glued directly to the background piece with a dot of Crystal Effects. 

And finally, I mostly cased myself on this sympathy card.  The set is Thoughts and Prayers and the designer paper is Stampin' Up's Manchester pattern.  The final element added to this card was Crystal Effects on the tree.

Thanks again to each of my stamping ladies who made time to come to camp this past weekend.  You were all a delight, and it was so fun to sit to gether and create these goodies. 

Sorry for the crazy exposure variations on these cards!  I took them late tonight while watching the Denver Nuggets in the playoffs, and I just know that I won't retake the pictures, but I want to share them anyway.  

Slight sidebar, here's a look at a paper-pieced card that I made for Jeanine two years ago.  I traced everything on my light table and created the heaviest card ever.  :)  However, for Jeanine - a SUPER Nuggets fan - it was totally worth it.


1 comment:

Jeanine Eckert said...

:-)

It's prominently displayed at work! Go Nuggets!!