Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome baby Trip

I've been holding onto this post until I was sure the recipient had seen the card. I put it in with her stamp order and wasn't home when she picked it up - then I've been so busy I hadn't had time to check in until last night when I saw the new (again) mom at stamp club.


Apparently, when I made this card it was the week for using retired sets. It's nice to break them out again and put them to use! This card uses the set Bundle of Joy. This card is for my stamp club member's new baby boy. He's John the third, and one of the other club members even suggested the nickname "Trip" for him as the triple in line with the same name. Because the repetition of the name is important to his family, I thought I'd highlight his initials with a little III tacked on at the end.

I snuck in some ribbon for a little softness - it is for a baby after all! But then put some eyelets in each corner and a sweet little giraffe. For the giraffe's mane, I just snipped along it and then roughed it up a little so the pieces would stand up and add texture.

Finally, I covered the initials in Crystal Effects (those letters are from the set Headline Alphabet - also retired).

Little Trip came to visit us at stamp club last night for the first time and ooh is he ever CUTE! Little button nose, adorable fingers and toes, and he still is tiny enough that you pick him up and he just scrunches right up into a super cuddly little bundle. Who doesn't love having new babies to enjoy?

1 comment:

Melissa O said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful card and the beautiful words about my sweet boy! I've so enjoyed being in your stamp club for the last 18 months!