Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Baby bear card

Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days! I've had "the crud" as my dad would say, and I've mostly been sleeping it off.

This is the first card I made with this set. I LOVE how the watercoloring turned out on the bear. The watercolor paper made all the difference in making it easy. I used my aquapainter and reinker to do the coloring. The bear is popped up on dimensionals. I wanted to make a blanket for the bear to sit on, so I paper pierced all over the blanket (which really didn't take that long using the mat pack's piercing template). Then I connected the holes by drawing lines using my Mellow Moss marker, but those lines were too dark, so I sanded the whole piece to tone down the color and also make the paper softer texturally. It still didn't look like a baby blanket until I'd put the So Saffron piece behind it and cut the edges with my scallop scissors to make it softer edged.

Have a great day!

Stamps: Bundle of Joy
Paper: SU Petals & Paisley (is that the right name?), So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, watercolor paper
Ink: Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss, white gel pen
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punches, pink grosgrain, paper piercer, SU mat pack, small scallop scissors

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Such a cute card...love the bear in pink!

Jeanine Eckert said...

Love the quilt! This set is so adorable- your watercoloring looks great.