Friday, January 26, 2007

Can you say "anal retentive"?

Even as I was making this card, I actually thought to myself, I can't believe I'm putting this much effort into what's bound to be a simple-looking card! Then I kept going. :)

The sentiment was punched out using the large (1 3/8") SU circle punch then free-cut in increasing dimensions for the Cool Caribbean and Taken With Teal circles layered under it. The Marigold paper behind the girl has a dotted grid line drawn in behind her using a ruler and white gel pen. Then I further mimicked the elements of the printed Loves Me paper using a circle stamp from the set Little Pieces. THEN the white ink was too bright, so I sanded it just a little to tone down the white. Finally, I covered the heart in Crystal Effects (one of the best cheap thrills for card embellishing).

There are two products that really made this card work out and let me keep from pulling my hair out. The sanding block, for toning down a too-bright gel pen, and in particular, thank heavens for paper snips because the girl would have lost a foot (or two) without them!

No comments: