Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shiny Blossom

Another Big Blossom card. Imagine that!

The embossed flower and yellow background piece had been glued together and had been sitting on my desktop for about a week, and I knew it had potential, but I sure wasn't having any luck bringing it out! Finally, I just started placing card-size pieces of cardstock behind them, trying to find a color that coordinated well. I knew I was trying for something soft, so I was avoiding contrasting colors and colors that were too dark. As soon as I slid the Certainly Celery behind, I felt like I was on the right track. Then I decided to use the Word by Word background stamp because it was mounted, and I'd had it for quite a while now, but hadn't ever used it.

The flower was embossed on Stampin' Up's Designer Series Double-Sided paper in the Spring Flowers pack. I used Versamark and ultra thick embossing powder then cut the flower out. The yellow polka-dotted paper behind the flower is the reverse of the pink paper (so they're designed to match each other) and it has extra, smaller dots drawn over the existing dots with my white gel pen, then has dots of Crystal Effects over that. The background stamp was stamped on Certainly Celery cardstock in Certainly Celery ink, then traced over (very loosely) with the white gel pen. I got the idea for the tracing in white because I thought the Celery ink looked a little stark as a background. The button's ribbon knot is actually threaded through the buttonholes and the button is attached to the card front using a big glue dot which raised the button up a bit.

1 comment:

Jeanine Eckert said...

What?! You hadn't used Word by Word before? It's a good thing you tried it out!