Wednesday, January 24, 2007



This card has been sitting around for a while now, but it was in pieces. I was having a hard time pulling the elements together. But when I added the "mesh" embossing (using the Cuttlebug), I finally felt like it had direction. This was also my first time of getting to use the beautiful Stampin' Up "Flirty" Ribbon Originals teal velvet ribbon (from the winter mini).

I started out wanting to make a card using the set Like it a Latte (also from the winter mini). In her January 17th blog post I saw that Amy Rysavy had embossed her steam and I had a huge "duh" moment! It looked fabulous. Then I wanted to use my new "Mesh" Cuttlebug embossing folder... so I had to work that in, too. The Mesh was embossed, rubbed over with the Choc. Chip ink and then sanded off because it was a little too dark. Also the word "thoughtful" is an embossing mini-folder for the Cuttlebug that was sponged, sanded off and then re-traced with Choc. Chip ink. The middle of the coffee mug is up on 2 dimensionals with the edges stuck down using mini-glue dots so the cup actually curves out at the top.

Over the next few days I'll post my other two cards, but I have to say that after showing them all to Ky, this one was his favorite because of all the textures. In person, it really is very dynamic because of all the things to touch on it. Also, I'm guessing he likes this one best because it is the most masculine. I used Ky's very own advice to me that if I want a card to be masculine, I shouldn't put any elements on a slant; always go with right angles and straight up-and-down layouts. I've tried this several times, and it really does seem to be the key. I don't think he checks this blog too often, but he really is my biggest supporter, and I really appreciate that he always makes time to stop and look at what I've created. Thanks, Ky!

2 comments:

AT said...

This one is my most favorite cards. I really like all the different textures. You should display it at work so I can see it every day!

AT said...

This is my favorite card ever! I really like all the different textures. Hopefully you'll display it at work so I can see it all the time. : )