Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cuttlebug!


The Cuttlebug is a die-cut and embossing machine, and it's small and green (and cute). It weighs 9-pounds, and when you put down the trays to slide your materials through, it creates suction to hold onto your table/surface.



The background of this card was made using my new Cuttlebug! Everything else (except the button) is Stampin' Up. Because the background is raised, I sponged over it with Regal Rose ink and then used my sanding block to sand the ink back off of the raised portion -- so easy and quick! The cardstock for the Big Blossom stamp was first inked in Tempting Turquoise using the Spot On jumbo roller, then I inked up Big Blossom and stamped over the dots and circles, then cut it out.
It's kind of a crazy layout, but it looks really happy and fun. As usual, I think this card is so much cuter in person, and if you're attending this week's stamp camp, you can check it out in person for yourself as one of the samples that I'll have on hand. It's pretty rare that I use something that isn't Stampin' Up for cardmaking, but this shows how non-SU items can play so well with SU stamps, cardstock and ink.

No comments: