Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Birthday punch - yum!


This card is unusual for me in that it only has the "hb" (happy birthday) stamped in Not Quite Navy. Otherwise, it's designer paper (from Foof a la) and punched shapes. I ended up making the punched flower because I didn't have any stamps that were large enough to have impact on this 5.25" x 5.25" card. I based the design on one of the flowers in the pattern that you can see in the yellow paisley that's just above my gel pen in the picture. The punches used were all Stampin' Up punches: large and small ovals, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circles and the word window punch. The "tab" is part of a Basic Grey chipboard pack that I covered with Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron paper. There was a lot of uncertainty while I was making this, but in the end, I like how it turned out. I sent it out as a birthday blogger's RAK - so watch your favorite blogs and maybe you'll see it featured there soon!

1 comment:

Jeanine Eckert said...

Super cool flower- love the colors in that paper!