Monday, April 23, 2007

Mother's day card



This is a mother's day card that I made using Doodle This and Au Chocolat designer paper. I'd heard about coloring in the white spaces on the paper from Splitcoast, but hadn't seen it until we went to Regionals on the 14th. After trying it out, I love the pop of color and the customization it provides. It doesn't show very well in this picture, but the dots on the double-layered doodle flower are all dotted with Crystal Effects and then covered in Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The "mom" on the tag is hand-written, and I rounded the Au Chocolat paper corners to show off just a little more of the long card. The petals of the pink flower were watercolored using the inside of my ink pad lid as my palette.

Stamps: Doodle This
Paper: Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat, tag sheet
Ink: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Brown Stazon, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamond glitter, pearl brad, "flirty" ribbon, corner rounder punch, glue stick

4 comments:

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Melissa this is beautiful, and I like how you colored in some of the white area of the patterned paper… the more I’m seeing this paper the more I like it.

Jeanine Eckert said...

Very pretty- love the pearl brad in the center!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the layout and colors! Darling! :)

StampingBetty said...

That looks so nice! What a beautiful combination! I love browns...