Thursday, April 5, 2007

Chicken in a Bucket

My friend Janet's mom will be visiting soon. She is bringing along a friend, and Janet asked me to do a little stamp camp for them. They're my first long-distance stampers! Janet has since signed up to be a demonstrator (hi, Janet!!!) but since she first joined my stamp camps, she has been sending supplies and completed projects to her mom in Wisconsin. We're going make two cards with some different punches and techniques, and hopefully I haven't gone overboard and wear them out. :)



Janet asked me to include a card using Best of Cluck and I'm happy to do so because it's one of my favorite sets. I love putting the chickens in or on something. This time the chicken is in the bucket from the Basket Full of Fun hostess set and it's body was stamped on Au Chocolat paper and cut out. The "straw" is the largest flower from the Spring Bouquet Flower punch with lines drawn on them in creamy caramel. I traced the ribbing in the bucket with Ruby Red marker, then crystal effects over that. I also layered over the stamped handle with silver cording for a little more dimension. The sentiment is colored individually with a marker and stamped then punched out with the small tag punch and layered on Chocolate Chip that was punched out using the large tag punch.

Once I got rolling -- I had a little stampers' block to contend with -- this was a quick card and fun to make. I hope my stampers think so too!

Oh! And I've included a new version of my watermark. What do you think? It includes the required Stampin' Up! copyright information. You'll be able to see it better if you click on the photo to open it in a new window and enlarge it.

Don't forget to comment and enter to win your own watermark and blog banner combination! See my earlier post for details or to enter.

Stamps: Best of Cluck, Weathered, Basket Full of Fun
Paper: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat (SU designer paper
Ink: Ruby Red, Choc. Chip, Creamy Caramel, Brown Stazon
Accessories: Linen thread, small and large tag punches, notched corner punch, spring bouquet flower punch, silver cord, Crystal Effects, sponges
Techniques: sponging, dtp, coloring w/ markers, punching

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I love how you paper pieced the chicken, what a great idea!