Thursday, April 5, 2007

Watercolored doodles


This is the second card for my mini-stamp camp tomorrow night. On this one, the focus is on trying watercoloring with an Aqua Painter and watercolor wonder crayons. The doodle flowers were stamped in black Stazon on watercolor paper then watercolored with the crayons. Because the watercoloring takes a little more time, the rest of the card is simplified. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for the "Happy Birthday" and still got it a little crooked, darn it! Good thing I used it, or who knows how it would have turned out! The brads are Stampin' Up brads. I originally stitched around the Apricot Appeal mat with my white gel pen, but it just didn't have enough impact, so I switched to my black pen and just went over my stitching. The card base is Certainly Celery.

This is also my second use of my brand new watermark (designed by me!). It shows up a lot better on this card than my Chicken in a Bucket card. I'll have to alter a version of it for dark projects. Live and learn, eh?

1 comment:

Jeanine Eckert said...

You did an excellent job watercoloring these- they look so vibrant, and I'm not even seeing them in person!