Friday, April 27, 2007

Part stamping, part ready-made


I was asked to make approximately 60 invitations for a retirement party. I was happy to do so, but the turnaround time was short, so I opted to combine a ready-made paper option (found at Office Depot in packs of 50) with a little stamped embellishment for a no-layer card. The second photo is a close up of the paper so you can see the pre-embossed/debossed circles (depending on which side you used). I thought the debossed version was a little more casual, so that's what I went with, then to spread the color around, I dotted every other circle with my Certainly Celery marker.

The flower is from Doodle This, and is on both the invitation and the envelopes. At Regionals in SLC, one of the presentations pointed out that the doodle style of flower didn't need to be outlined as carefully as some of the more detailed/formal flowers. I found the ability to outline quickly was a huge asset, and I just zipped around the details with 3 colors after stamping the flower in black Stazon ink (so it wouldn't smudge the colors). The outside outline is Cameo Coral, the center dots are Barely Banana, and the leaves are Certainly Celery which ties into the border dots. After doing 120 of these flowers, the brush ends of my markers are shot, even though I was careful with them. However, it didn't hurt this project, and if you were doing smaller quantities, it wouldn't damage them so exponentially.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Susanna Donato said...

Those are cute! And apparently I should have called you when I was working at midnight last night. :)

Jeanine Eckert said...

These are beautiful you did a great job putting the special touches on these!