Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tagged for seven things...

Hmm. Both Jovita and Jeanine tagged me to tell seven things about myself. Now I'm not sure if I'm modest, or boring, but this is really hard for me to come up with.

  1. I live in Colorado, where I was born and raised. And, like most native Coloradans, I'm sure that I don't have an accent, but isn't the absence of an accent an accent?
  2. My husband and I met because we were wearing the same maroon low-top converse on the same day in the cafeteria in college which was a good conversation starter for him. And he thought I was cute. :)
  3. I don't like things that are damp. Especially unexpected dampness. Yick. It's to the point that when I shared a room with Jeanine at Convention, I offered to get up early for the first shower so I didn't have to experience a damp bath mat and it's the same at home with Ky. I get up and shower first just to avoid the bath mat.
  4. I hate the texture of squash. I won't eat it because of that.
  5. I'm pseudo-allergic to ALL fresh fruits and vegetables. It's really called cross-reactivity and just means that when I eat fresh fruits and veggies, my body thinks that I'm eating the equivalent of handfuls of pollen and my throat is incredibly irritated by it. I can eat fruits and veggies that have been cooked or processed, so canned foods are an option. This is a HUGE stumbling block to any weight loss program, so I'm trying to rely much more heavily on exercise, although this week has been bad for that, too.
  6. My first job at 15 was in a rubber stamp store, but I've only been seriously stamping for about a year and a half.
  7. My day job is at the same law firm that my mom worked at while I was growing up. People at work know this and will stop me in the coffee bar and ask how she's doing.

Phew!

I doubt that there's anyone at this point who hasn't been tagged for this yet, but if you haven't been and you're reading this, get going and list seven things about you!

1 comment:

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Thanks Melissa for playing the tag game… thanks for the great laugh in #1 :)