Monday, April 30, 2007

May swap cards

These are my May swap cards for our local group of demonstrators which is focusing on masculine or Father's Day cards. I was really trying to keep it simple. I also have a TON of the "Spring Showers" designer paper to use up, and it's a good choice of paper because of the masculine colors and patterns.


This is a card that I woke up thinking about on Saturday morning. The hammer is from the set Power Up, and I stamped each hammer twice. First in Versamark on Vanilla cardstock, which I then covered in heat and stick powder that I then covered in silver Pearl Ex (because I for some reason don't have any silver embossing powder). I then cut off the hammer head, cleaned the stamp and stamped it in Creamy Caramel over the sort of burlap-looking paper and cut out the handle. Everything else is just straight pieces that were layered. The "dad" is handwritten and punched out with the Rounded Tab punch.


On this card, I think I was channeling someone with a MUCH simpler style than mine, and mine is usually pretty simple. I asked Ky to draw me a stencil in the shape of a traditional Father's Day tie. That's all I could think of when I saw this argyle paper. Even as I was making the cards, I wasn't sure I liked this card, and it was very late, so I couldn't start on something new. However, when I'd finished, and looked at it again, I really like how it turned out. The words are from Amazing to Zany and the "someone so" is punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then faux stitched. The tie is up on dimensionals.

No comments: